Monday, February 4, 2008

Singapore Chingay Parade 08 photos

I had been making props for the Chingay Parade since 1997. This is also a crucial year as it was telecast to alots of countries.

This year I think is possibly the most challenging year, with 20 sets of crabs, each set of crabs had ten hands/legs, which required tremendous amount of work to be done.

Lots of care need to pieces together those small parts.

I mostly concentrated doing the finishing work like touch up and spray painting the crab props. It only possible, because James the in charge asked me to bring my son along, as I need to take care of him when my wife is working.

James is the most experience person, he told me he is interesting in the props since a child , like making dragon/lion dance props when he was very young.

Fortunately he asked to bring along my son, so that I am able to come down to the workshop to contribute to the prop group, even my wife is working.

For a period of time I used to working in the welding line which required me to paint lots iron grills.

This time I concentrated mostly on smoothen the parts and spray painting the crabs props and helping out in other props also.

No comments: